Guess what's being made right now? A new color for our realistic mermaid tail collection! It's a beautiful mix of green, lime green, and yellow hues so we've named it Lime Rickey.
Lime Rickey is a fun and yummy summer drink that's easy to make. There are lots of variations, but this is our favorite:
LIME RICKEY RECIPE
- Juice squeezed from 6 - 7 limes. You want about 8 ounces.
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) seltzer (plain fizzy water)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water and heat over medium-low heat. You want to simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes clear. It will take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. You can make this ahead and store it in the fridge.
- Combine lime juice with syrup you made in step 1, and stir.
- Place your desired amount of ice in 4 glasses.
- Divide the lime juice & syrup mixture between the glasses, and fill the rest of the glass with seltzer (both, about 3 ounces each). Stir and garnish with a lime wedge.
- You'll have 4 servings, about 6 ounces each.
LIME RICKEY GRAPE
This is another version we like, it's sold at Arctic Circle stores in Utah and Idaho, and a lot of us here at Sun Tails grew up sipping it during the summer time. It's purple in color so it doesn't 'match' our new mermaid tail, but it's delicious and we think you'll enjoy it :)
- Sprite or similar lemon/lime soda.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Package of grape flavored drink mix (like Kool-aid)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and heat over medium-low heat. Simmer the mixture until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes clear. Remove from heat and stir in the drink mix. Allow to cool. (You can make this ahead and store it in the fridge as well).
- Place your desired amount of ice in several glasses (this recipe makes a lot more!)
- Pour 2 tablespoons of grape syrup into the bottom of each glass. You can add more to taste.
- Fill the glass the rest of the way with Sprite.
- Garnish with a lime wedge