March is a pretty big deal for us! Not only is it the time of year the weather starts to turn warm again for us, we get a fun St. Patrick's Day holiday, AND it's Sun Tail Mermaid's birthday month! We opened our doors a year ago, and we want to celebrate our 1st birthday in a big way.
Show us your Sun Tails! Enter the contest by submitting photos or video of your happy mermaids or sharks sporting their favorite Sun Tail Mermaid gear!
Going on now through March 30, 2016, 11:59pm MST! Visit http://woobox.com/ttv7e2 to enter!
Winner will be announced and notified by email April 1, 2016 (no foolin'!)
1st place: $100 gift card to our shop at Sun Tail Mermaid! PLUS, a complete set of Emily Windsnap books by Liz Kressler and her publisher, @Candlewick Books -- our girls here at Sun Tail Mermaid love these mermaid books and we know you will too.
Runner-up: $50 gift card to our shop at Sun Tail Mermaid, hooray!
Everyone who enters will get the chance to be featured on our official marketing materials and website - super model material! All entrants will get a special 15% off coupon exclusive to contest participants as well!
Chances of Winning:
Odds of winning depend on how many entries there are, but we're still a fairly new company, so the odds are in your favor :)
Winners will be chosen by Sun Tail Mermaid employees based on the merit of the photo or video -- it isn't a popularity contest, so there is no voting.
What We're Looking For:
From mermaids or sharks who already own Sun Tail Mermaid products:
- Videos and photos showing off your Sun Tails stuff!
- Show us how much you love using your mermaid tail, monofin, and/or shark fins.
- We always love pool-side shots, underwater shots, beach shots, and action shots. Tub shots can be cute, as can happy mermaids wearing their items indoors waiting for warmer weather. More ideas: someone carrying you in your mermaid gear, excited mermaid gift-opening clips, and short mermaid stories.
From mermaids hoping to own Sun Tail Mermaid products:
- Videos and photos showing us how much you'd like to be a Sun Tail Mermaid or shark!
- Show us why owning a mermaid tail, monofin, and/or shark fin is high on your wish list.
- Get creative! Do you always make yourself a sandy mermaid tail at the beach? Do you write Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny asking for Sun Tail Mermaid gear? Do you use tubes of fabric, pillowcases, or hair ties to turn yourself into a mermaid for play? Show us!
We know mermaids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and colors. We celebrate everyone who dreams of the sea :)
Want to enter a video but aren't sure how to get your clips ready? Upload photos or clips to www.magisto.com, www.animoto.com, or www.magisto.com, to dress up your entry. Straight-off-the-camera entries are fine too!
Videos can be as short as 30 seconds or as long as a few of minutes. We might consider a longer video if it's very well done, but generally try to keep them short.
Submitting a photo? Try www.picmonkey.com for easy, free photo editing, or submit pictures straight off your camera.
Make sure pictures are a good size (not tiny) and clear (not blurry).
Yes! You can submit photos / video you've already sent us :)
Yes! You can enter more than once and more than one time a day.
You can tag your entries on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter by using the hashtag #snaps4suntails
Have fun! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us any time.