Creating a Mermaid Oasis Backyard
Let's face it, anyone who is a mermaid at heart needs the ideal backyard oasis to perfect their mermaid skills. In fact, it's a must, otherwise how will you channel your inner sea creature if you don't have a beautiful oasis in your backyard? While the task may seem daunting at first, we have tips on how to create the perfect mermaid oasis backyard so yourself or your little mermaid can easily practice her craft and enjoy being outside in the water in the summer months.
- Add a colorful mermaid garden. To do this, you'll need a large pot or planter to begin. Go ahead and add some colorful decorative glass pieces and fill it up to the top. Add some colorful succulents and a small mermaid statue to complete your look. You can have one of these at the entrance to the walkway to your pool or you can put multiples in varying sizes all around the pool to help give it a beautiful aesthetic.
- Add a couple of lounge chairs. All mermaids need a place to lounge, especially after swimming all day long. Adding a couple of lounge chairs works well for adults to supervise the mermaid in training as well as give the mermaid a place to rest up after a long afternoon of swimming in the pool.
- Decorate with mermaid towels. Your mermaid will need to dry off at some point after her swim, so make sure to have a bin stocked with mermaid towels for her to dry off with style. Choose a variety of fun colors like purple and blue and green to add bright pops of color draped around the chairs.
- Use a triton shape towel rack on the wall to hang your towels on.
- Add sea turtle floats and sea shell floats to the pool. This will help your mermaid to relax on the water and float around with her friends when they come over for a swim.
- Use colorful chairs in the back patio area. Bright blues and greens are a great way to channel some under the ocean vibes when you are watching your young swimmers or just enjoying a nice dinner in spring out in the beautiful weather.
- Have mermaid dishes available. When serving food outdoors, it's important to use dishes that are not glass or ceramic, so plastic dishes are a great option for storing on the patio in a storage box. This also prevents any glass pieces if a cup or plate gets dropped while outside, protecting everyone's bare feet.
- Add lots of flowers and plants. No mermaid oasis is complete without lots of floating flowers and plants set around the water. Floating lilies are a great option to put in the pool for a beautiful and decorative twist, and make sure you landscape properly with several larger potted plants and smaller flowers spread throughout around the pool to help bring your oasis to life. This will take your pool from nice to stunning in a few short hours.